Thursday, May 27, 2010
Tis the season...
To RUMMAGE! Lately Scott and I have been getting up early Saturday mornings and hitting the rummages around town. I think it is our new favorite thing to do together. Some great quality time and awesome finds. What we have found the past couple of weeks... Antique tin cans to go into our kitchen someday, we thought we found royal rummy but it turned out to be scrabble (we learned to look in the box first before purchase...it was only $.25), pictionary (the old kind), a flat frying pan to go on top of a burner for eggs and pancakes, 8 extension cords-you never know when you are going to need them, rubber spatula, Sara I found a Christmas dress for Elena-never worn, a picnic basket, cast iron skillet almost as big as mom and dad's, a new microwave for $5 (ours never kept correct time) and we learned that when we start having kids we are getting most of their clothing from rummage sales! There are so many treasures to find, while people just want to get rid of their old junk, we love it! If you haven't tried it, go without an idea of what you are looking for and something will always pop out at you! It is amazing what you can find!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are a blogging QUEEN lately! :)
ReplyDeletehey.... if you find a saucer (those round plastic things that you can put babies in so they can stand and use their legs)... I am rummaging for a cheap one since the regular ones are like $80 new! If you find one for $15 and under let me know, I'll pay you back.
ReplyDelete