A few months ago I got a haircut which was much needed, 6 months needed. I went into the salon feeling confident because I loved the haircut I had. So when I sat down in the chair for the pre-washing consult, she started describing the haircut where it is short in the back and longer in the front, I said I am not a big fan of that type of haircut, but I really like the one I had.
Off we go to clean the hair, get a hand massage and a hot towel on the head. Me, still feeling confident I am going to get the same haircut.
After that lovely stuff is done, we go back to her chair and she starts cutting, and making small conversation. To make a long story short...I finally got out of the salon an hour later, late for work and now not at all feeling confident with my haircut or myself.
I left there with 5 minutes to get to a job I just started, it was at least a 15 minute drive, the shortest hair I have EVER had, and a shaved neck. I was trying hard not to cry on my way to work hopeing no one was waiting for me to open the doors, and trying to think of who to call at 10 in the morning that wasn't working, or at school to vent to about a haircut I hated.
The first weeks was an adventure. I kept playing with my hair, I wouldn't look at the back of my hair, and I kept it pulled back because I thought it was ugly. As it grew I learned how to style it and eventually I learned to like it.
Now it is coming to the three month mark when people with a style like mine need to get another cut because it is getting really long. Here is my dilemma...Do I keep the same cut, or should I go back to the cut I love? Do I try to grow it out a little more to go back to that style? I am now just starting to be able to pull it back into a ponytail which is great for really hot days, but I still have a little more growth to go. Please help me, I have no idea what to do.
That's tough, not sure what to tell ya! I thought your first haircut looked awesome, but you weren't comfortable with it. Don't feel too pressured to get a haircut just because it's that time. LOL, I usually end up getting a haircut once every two years and donate. I'm done doing that for now but now I have no idea when I'll cut it-guess when I get bored with it.
ReplyDeletehaha... I'm in the same boat... although I had the shorter hair about a year ago. I'm debating on chopping my hair since mine is so thin and fine that it doesn't look super great when it's long. But... now I can pull it back in a ponytail. I just hate having it sit on my neck when it's warm out. I'd say shoot for the style you like!!
ReplyDeleteI love your hair.... but maybe if you just ask for a trim than it will be more like what you grew to like than like the initial cut!? No matter what, you are one beautiful woman so you'll be stunning regardless :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo, what did you decided, I obviously got on the bandwagon a little late. I like Carol's advice though, get an little trim (1 or 2 inches) and then it will be like it was when you got the hang of it plus it will give you more time to decide if you want to keep it, grow it our or maybe go shorter:)
ReplyDelete