Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekend Projects

Before the destruction happened
We have had a break in our busy schedule the past two weekends to get little things done around the house. As Kyle and Krystin are doing weekend projects to make their house beautiful and presentable, Scott and I are destroying things around our house for the same goal. As you walk in the front door there was a half wall that had a bookshelf in it. Very 70's look about it. Well it is no longer there. Scott took some of his tools and took it out. It makes the area look so much more open and inviting!
After the wall was taken out
Remember this half wall that was taken out a while ago? Well we now have the electrical taken out of the wall. This is what it looked like before, very ugly with the wire hanging over our chair. Dad came over and disconnected the electricity and we no longer have this hideous contraption to look at. Scott also got to use his sawzall to cut through the conduit. He was very excited to make this happen!
Scott using his sawzall
Before with the wire over the chair

Just a little patching to do

4 comments:

  1. I like it! Your house is going to be so beautiful when everythings done! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the front living room looks without the half way...opens it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to put your own touches and design into your house to make it how you want it?! Looks great, and it will look awesome once everything is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good call! :) I like the change! can't wait for those hardwood floors! omg! :)

    ReplyDelete